I remember in college, cleaning house with my mom (her doing most of the work) but she would blast sermons as she cleaned; I always really enjoyed listening to them with her. Well, I kind of forgot about listening to sermons for a couple of years, but my love for listening to sermons as I clean house has been revitalized. I have been downloading John MacArthur’s series on A Portrait of a New Life…CONVICTING! They are SO good…and SO humbling! They are from Ephesians and he is working through what we should and shouldn’t be like as a new creation in Christ. They are excellent and I have been so encouraged by them!
I have been reminiscing a lot lately. Yesterday, for Liam’s nap I put him down in our bed…he slept so deeply. I went and checked on him a few times because he slept so long. I was looking at his peaceful face and got to thinking about how comforting my parents’ bed is. I loved sleeping in their bed and still do. Whenever we go for a visit I always take my naps on their bed…it is the best place ever. It has their smell, it’s always clean and comfy, and of course I feel particularly safe in it. All my worries go away when I am in my momma’s bed. I love that I have a comfy/safe bed for my little baby to nap in, nothing makes me happier than to see little Liam soundly asleep in our bed…it is a precious sight.
They have matching diapers on just so you know.....
Also, in this picture Liam's belly looks like his Great Grandpa Jerry's!


What a good helper you are, Liam! In a few months he'll take them all out and 'help mommy put them away' all over the house! Love you all! Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteAmanda, what a wonderful thing you are doing by putting this on the blog. I look foreward to it every week. I can hardly wait to get hold of my great grandson. Tell him not to cry at us. Love you guys. Memaw and Grandpa
ReplyDelete