Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving!

We had a whirlwind of family for Thanksgiving this year and I got to host! It was so much fun! I loved every moment of the cooking and cleaning. I don’t know how it would have all gotten done if Scott hadn’t taken the rest of his paternity leave, he was such a help!

We had my Grandpa and Memaw (Liam’s great grandparents), my parents (Babu and Bibi), Michael and Naomi (Uncle Michael and Auntie Nay-Nay), and Auntie Stacey (a very close family friend from Africa) we even met up with her brother and his wife (Stephen and Anna).

My parents and Stacey stayed with us, they of course wanted to be around for Liam’s golden hours in the early morning. My grandparent’s, brother, and sister-in-law stayed at a family friend’s house who were out of town.

Babu feeding Liam his breakfast in the new booster seat they got Liam for Christmas. I love it!

First time with Great Grandpa

First time with Memaw


Memaw could not stand to let Liam fuss, "that baby needs rocked"
I let her spoil him...


He was out like a light!


Thanksgiving day I woke up early to start the cooking….everything turned out really well! I am especially proud of my turkey! I cooked it with cheesecloth and basted it every half hour for 2 ½ hours…it was so good….very moist. Good job me! (that is my self-talk dad…wink wink)

My bird!



My bird and bread...okay I was pretty proud of my bread too!


So pretty!

The spread



The day after Thanksgiving we all BARTed into San Francisco to watch the Christmas tree be lit in Union square. It was madness...but the city was beautiful!

The men...




Grandpa being silly



The ladies....

Bibi treasuring her grandson

The famous four together again, surprisingly, we opted not to choke one another this time

Babu and Bibi

Michael and Naomi
Liam was staring to hit his wall

Liam asleep on babu's shoulder
I love wreaths in windows

Just light the tree already!

Yay...beautiful...lets go home now!

3 comments:

  1. Love the recap!!! SO glad I could hang with you for Thanksgiving weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda and Scott, we had such a wonderful time thanks so much. Thanks for the blog so that we can keep up with our great grandson. memaw and grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me homesick and want to do it all over again without the plane ride and with out the goodbyes! You and Scott hosted us so very well. Mom/Gail/Bibi

    ReplyDelete